Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, February 13, 2020

Visible love

People are beautiful.
Truly. 
We have so many different personalities, opinions, passions and interests.
But visible, tangible love is just so beautiful.
The body of Christ here in Troy stepped up and poured love out on us my first several weeks home from the hospital. 

And it was sooooo hard for me! 

I want to BE the hands and feet. I don’t want to need them!
Oh, the beautiful things God teaches you, and the beautiful people HE uses to help you learn. 

I was struggling. Obviously, my body really was fairly messed up the first several days. 
I needed help...whether I wanted to accept it or not.
But the last two days I think that, perhaps, I didn’t really NEED it any more. 
I could make something to eat. 
We could eat frozen, or fast food, or make do with sandwiches. 
What I did NEED though, was the amazing peace that comes from love poured out over you. 

I was “down”, feeling useless and without purpose when I was reminded that I am still serving Jesus.
My words could be filled with His words. 
My hands weren’t very capable, but that didn’t make me useless. 

Thank you, amazing people who poured love out on me, and amazing people who asked me for love. I needed you both! 

Tomorrow is the WADA. We will hopefully learn enough to answer some questions about surgery. 
But, even if we don’t learn enough still, I have love pouring over me, and I have love to give back to others. 
That is enough. 

Now, go out there and pour love out, in whatever way God had asked you to share it. 
Be blessed my friends! 

No comments: