Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, July 06, 2009

Independence Day Celebration

I have seen so many beautiful pictures of fireworks, posted by my blogger friends across this country, in the last two days. Just beautiful!
I don't think I took a single picture of fireworks! Sorry...
However, I did take lots of pictures of the people I love enjoying the fireworks.

First things first -

My patriotic toes!


A beautiful summer's afternoon deserves a few rounds of backyard Croquet.

Zion loved pounding the stakes into the ground!

We celebrated Emilee's birthday a few days early, since we were all together.

Larry and Barb

Tim and Kevin have been friends since elementary school. His wife, Anna, was Emilee's roommate in college. Isn't it convenient how that worked out!

I loved this picture - just because.

This one too!

Now, on to the Fireworks!!

Zion was a little unsure at first...

But he got over his fear!

Canaan, of course, loved every minute of it.

He REALLY wanted to light some of the "big" ones and was very disappointed when I told him he wasn't old enough yet.

Personally, I wasn't sure these boys were really old enough yet! (and they have been lighting things on fire, together, for a l o n g time!)

Kelsey looks like she is still a kid at heart.


My parents- Aren't they precious?

At one point mom grabbed my camera and took a picture of me, insisting that there had to be proof that I was there too!

Enjoy Independence every single day!
Blessings, Bethany

5 comments:

EmileeHope said...

I am so glad we got to spend the 4th together! Loved every minute of it!! (Glad you like your toes!!)

Carrie said...

Looks like so much fun!!!! I love the last one of Zion!

Anonymous said...

yeah.. I like the last one of Zion too... he looks so comfy laying out on the sidewalk!!! glad we could all be together...except of course for Andy and we were thinking about him and thankful to him that we still get to celebrate independence!!! keep up the good work Andy, you'll be home soon..(maybe we can set off some more fireworks when you get home)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Dawn said...

I love the toes! Now that is celebrating from head to toe.