Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, October 16, 2009

Finally, a new picture

Mom and Dad are in The Netherlands, on their way to India for the annual mission conference of the ministry they work with. They were able to stop and see Pierre, who is helping to coordinate our adoption.

This picture is from August. Finally, an updated picture of our little girl. Pierre just couldn't figure out how to attach it. Luckily, my dad is a computer guy, so was able to do that for me.

The main update remains the same. Everything is working correctly in the process - it is just taking a long time. Paperwork, especially in a foreign country take a long time. It might go faster if we were working with an organization, but there are not any in America that work with Benin. It is a former French colony. France, and The Netherlands, other French speaking countries are more likely to have agencies that work in Benin.
So, basically, we wait, and hope, and keep a positive attitude. Keep praying.
In the meantime, I am thrilled to have a newer picture of my daughter.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, she looks so different!!!!! Cute picture and VERY cute grin!! I am happy for you!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful smile! I'll be praying!

Abigail said...

Yay for an update!! She's an adorable little thing!

Karen said...

Bethany, she has the sweetest little face...I know you can't wait to cover it with kisses....

Chrissy said...

Look at that beautiful smile. I am praying for you.

Kelsey and Travis said...

My heart is so happy!!!! I want a copy :) Love you guys

Anonymous said...

awe praying for you!!!!!