Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for nail polish remover, which takes adhesive out of hair, and extra strong conditioner which repairs the hair after being soaked in "glue" and nail polish remover.
I am so very thankful for a fabulous husband who had patience to slowly pick clumps of glue out, bit by bit, and rinse, and comb, and condition.
I am thankful for sunshine, and spiderwebs that catch the sunshine in the backyard and shimmer like jewels.
I am thankful for sandboxes, and baseballs (and bats) and big tractors that dig in the dirt.
I am thankful for words, both written and spoken.
I am thankful for Facebook. I found an old friend this week, and I am excited to have made a connection with my past.
Most of all, I am thankful for the gift of life. Every morning I wake up, with breath within me, and a heart beating strong. I have been thinking about death a lot lately, and though I am eager to see my Savior, and will not be sorry to leave this sad body behind, I am so glad to have each new day here. I like life!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, so glad you got to be comfortable again! Plus now I can call you!

Mary said...

Yeah for finger nail polish remover. I had started to dislike finger nail polish remover because I spilled some on my laptop and my number keys and mouse had quit working. But 5 months later, my keyboard and mouse are working again! I guess it finally dried out. :)

Carrie said...

What a sweet and patient husband you have!!!! :)
I a happy you are unglued! And Your list is so very sweet!

EmileeHope said...

And I am thankful for you!! Love ya B!! Glad you were able to take your "new hat" off!!

Dawn said...

Ok, I must have missed something. I'm going to have to read back. How did you get glue and nail polish in your hair? Husbands are true blessings - I'm with you there.