Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, October 15, 2009

Did I do that?


You begin to worry that perhaps your OCD tendencies are a little stronger then you thought when you tell your three year old it is time to put away his train...


and he tells you that he needs to "stack them" first.


The "Mommy ones" and the "baby ones" (dividing by size).

Each in their own appointed place, with the actual trains coming last.
(since they can't be stacked...)

Jay-jay's bag sits on the top.

Yes, it has been known to happen that when you are cleaning up without him helping you might do that yourself...

But surely you haven't been rubbing off your psychotic obsessions on him that much already, right?

Oh dear!

I know that Andy will want to say that it is all my fault. I will admit that I am the one with a stronger inclination to sort neatly, and with minute detail.
However - This was not my idea.

I must admit I supported it wholeheartedly and stayed up until all hours of the night helping complete the project. But it was Andy's idea.

Lego's, sorted by color or purpose.

This was my baby - the tiny pieces.

And just for you who worry that our children are deprived, yes, we do let them play with the Lego's. Just not all at once.

Everything in manageable portions.

The people are a favorite. They are played with often.

I happen to like order in random things. Just don't look to closely at the kitchen floor, which doesn't get mopped nearly as often as it should. My silverware will be neatly sorted, and stacked by size... but there very well might be dust under the cabinet.
To each his own, right?

3 comments:

Dawn said...

When my son was still in diapers, he used to take out my canned goods and sort them by size and return them to the cabinet (obviously they were ground level cabinets). He used to sort his Matchbox cars and m&m's. I though OCD here we come, but you know what sometimes they grow out of it. There are days that I wish a bit of it would return ; )

Tricia said...

I did that to my girls. Boy did I. Now they are worse than me. I think I have softened a bit where they have gotten more strict in the belief that every toy should be put back exactly where it belongs. I just wish they would carry that over into the rest of the house. Or, maybe I don't. Maybe they would begin to drive me nuts with the need for perfection. :)

EmileeHope said...

That is awesome!! Love it!!