Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, June 23, 2008

changes...

I finally put a picture on my "profile" today. I was looking through random shots that are saved on the computer and came across this one. It made me sit back for a minute and (after laughing at my ridiculousness) think some deep thoughts. How random is that? Deep thoughts because of a silly picture? It has been amusing me recently to realize that I am actually outgoing. When I was 7, I was downright shy. When I was in middle school, I came out of my shell a little, but since I was a homeschooler, I was rarely in crowds, especially crowds my own age. In highschool I was pretty quiet. As a freshman in college, I was sooooo nervous in speech class that I thought I might pass out. Then suddenly, with no apparent trigger, I became truly comfortable with myself. I think it was because when I was in college I saw a lot of people that I did not want to be, and that me more comfortable with who I was. 
 Any of you who have met me since college probably had no idea that I was absolutely and without questions SHY as a child. Who would have thought that I would end up leading VBS music and teaching a class at a church where I have only attended 9 months and only know about 20 people by name! I guess shy really does not apply to me anymore. So, in honor of that, I have added a silly picture, showing my personality in a different light! 

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I think you actually helped me break free(a little) from my shyness. I still can be shy, but not as much as I was back then. I am thankful for you Bethany. I know I don't tell you that near enough, but I love you and are glad we met and became friends.

Unknown said...

I thought that picture was of Andy at first!
I don't know how I feel about that profile pic it is kind of throwing me off or something :)

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

I love that picture... it's crazy! By the way, i have never thought you were shy ;-) you have always been so sweet, talkative and friendly.. and i love that about you!
Heidi

Kelsey and Travis said...

Hey Bethy,
I love the profile pic, it reminds me of every time that we try to take a funny sister picture and you always just end up laughing. I am proud to see you making your own original silly face. On the part about you being shy I think that I took much the same rout, i followed my big sisters footsteps. I love you Bethy and enjoy reading your blogs sooooo much!!!!!