Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My favorite (early) Christmas present

Four years ago today there was an ice storm across northern GA. School was closed. Milk was sold out in nearly every store. Lots of wary southerners were holed up in their homes, avoiding the roads.

I was not at home.

I was spending my day recovering from a very busy night.

Oh, what a wonderful, busy night!

I love this picture - I think it looks like Andy is in labor too!

Our first family picture with four in the family.

Zion is four years old today. He came into the world a strong willed red head, at 8lbs, 9oz, 2 1/2 weeks early. I thought he was born a little after 1am, but I looked in the baby book and Canaan was the one born at that time. Zion's time isn't in his baby book. Which shows with such clarity how much he is the "second child". I think he was a little after 3am. Oh well.

He sure has brought a lot of joy in his four years!

One of my favorite pictures from the first weeks.


I am pretty sure this was taken the Thanksgiving before he turned one. I can't find any pictures of his first birthday party - who knows where they are saved?!

Easter, when he was one.

Once again - no pictures of the second birthday either. We didn't have a party, but I know we at least made a cake and sang to him...

Cuteness, during the year he was two.

Look at those cowboy boots!

Seeing Santa for his 3rd birthday.

Exactly a year ago - Wow, a lot can happen in a year!


This was when he first saw his "big present" (and only present from us!)

And here it is, sort of. I wasn't a very good photographer. Mary C was taking better pics, of the party, but I don't have them yet. You can see the really awful cardboard castle I warned you about in the background. Don't look too closely!

All in all, I think Zion had a good year. I know I feel very blessed and amazingly glad to have him as part of my life.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Aw, I love the labor picture! What sweet memories!
He really HAS grown a ton in the past year! What a guy, we love him! Happy Birthday Zion! And Happy Give-Birth Day Bethany!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Zion!

Unknown said...

Aw, Happy Birthday Zion!! I wish we could have been there for your party:(

Anonymous said...

AWE Happy Birthday to him!!! :)

autumnesf said...

Christmas season babies are the best! We spent Christmas in China to pick up MM.

Hey- if you like nativity sets come over to my blog and comment on the giveaway post. Ends tomorrow!

EmileeHope said...

Great post Betsy!! I love all the great pics of Zi!! I wish we could have come down, but I am so excited to see y'all soon!!! Love ya!