Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, July 09, 2010

Belated pics from the 4th

Our Independence Day celebration was slightly hectic. Andy's unit had a four day weekend, Friday- Monday. Unfortunately Andy drew the "short straw" and had to work Monday, getting everything prepped for the next weeks work to begin on Tuesday. And even though he usually works swing shift, weekend duty always works at 8am...

So we set off a few fireworks with his family in N. GA while it was full daylight, just for the fun of it!
Beautiful... smoke
The question is, how many full grown men does it take to light a $4 firecracker?
Apparently 4.
Andy's Army brother was "home" from TX.
Andy's Mom had both her military boys home for Independence day.
And all three grandkids, plus her brother, niece and nephew.
I think she was a happy woman!
The cheering crowd of fans
Awestruck Zion
Canaan and Aunt Tara
My beautiful niece Anistyn

Stealing a kiss...
We saw some beautiful fireworks while driving down I75, and ended the day exhausted, but happy.
I hope your 4th was full of energy and excitement, family and friends, and ended exhausted, but happy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like a grand time...I love the "how many" caption and picture...guys are so funny sometimes....

Tricia said...

Glad you were able to be together for the holiday. That's always a blessing, isn't it?