Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday My Love

Today, St. Patrick's Day, is a very special day. Everyone is supposed to wear green, remember St. Patrick bringing the good news of Christ to the island of Ireland, and look for their lucky four leaf clover.
But for me, it has an even better thing to celebrate - the birth of my one true love.
Today Andy turns 30. My Leprechaun is the same age as me for two short months and can no longer call me his "old lady", as he loves to do for the rest of the year!

On Saturday we had a small birthday party for him.

Ribs, pasta salad, fresh rolls and potato chips.

Kid friendly cake, with the mandatory 3 0 candles.

Adult friendly, very delicious, soaked in liquor, made by my friend Mary, Tiramisu - Andy's favorite desert. (and a very cheesy grin also...)

My favorite birthday guest, Mary's new baby, wearing an outfit that use to belong to my boys - years and years ago. Man, do they grow fast!
Little Maddy, playing with the streamers and balloons.
It was supposed to just be a few friends over, but when Andy ran out to get the ribs, the boys and I ran to Wally world and bought balloons, streamers and a birthday banner.
We had to dress it up a little, right? It is the big three oh!!

Happy Birthday Andy!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andy!!!!!!!!!!!

EmileeHope said...

Happy 30th Andy! The official leprechaun of the family! Hope you remembered to wear green today and eat your Lucky Charms for breakfast!!

Carrie said...

I am so happy you got to be together for his birthday this year! Fun party..I love birthday parties! Can't wait to celebrate with you guys soon!

Unknown said...

How fun! Josh calls me an old lady too! Gotta love the younger men...haha! Happy Birthday Andy!!

Karen said...

Cute pictures...Happy Birthday Andy!