Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Glorious golden honey

Millions of people, all over the world, for thousands of years, have enjoyed honey on their bread. Fresh white rolls, rich dark wheat bread, delicious fried sopapillas. I myself have had honey on three different continents, on a variety of breads. All of which I enjoyed immensely. I like to try good things, in new ways.
That is why I keep honey, of all sorts, in my house.
But, and this is an important but, I think that those millions of people, for thousands of years, probably prefer that their honey be poured over their bread AFTER it is removed from the plastic wrap.
Not after it has tipped over in the pantry, dripped down through one shelf, coated the entire bread basket (and cloth liner, and everything in the basket) then dripped through that onto the next shelf down... finally coming to a rest onto something solid, and thankfully, washable!

That was last Thursday.
Have you noticed that I haven't written since then?

We haven't been having a bad time - just very full. I realized today that along with not writing, I hadn't even checked my E-mail in almost an entire week! (and I haven't read a single book either!) I am counting on things calming down, and getting a chance to go back and read everyone else's blogs - catch up on life.
In the meantime, I now have to put my nose back to the grindstone.... but perhaps a quick snack first? Toast with honey, maybe?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my word...that probably took forever to clean up...did the boys want to help...LOL...honey IS yummy!

autumnesf said...

Love honey!

And all I can say is....the warmer the clean-up rag, the easier it is to get up.

Carrie said...

LOVE HONEY but the thought of cleaning up that mess....UGH!