Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, March 04, 2010

A recap

Sorry it has been so long, but my mommy said I couldn't post until I had something nice to say, and my "cheer" was slightly lacking the last day or two.
Savannah was beautiful. Relaxing. Peaceful. We didn't follow a schedule. We didn't plan our day. We just walked, and talked, and ate, and rode the trolley.
Being kid free, and responsibility free, just for two and a half days, was wonderful.
Strangely enough, we didn't use that time to discuss the big plans for our future. Adoption, military and medical futures were all left strangely absent from the conversation. Even the children we already know and love were mostly ignored. We talked about movies and music, food and friends, history and hilarity.

Those who know us best know that it couldn't last though. We actually left Savannah fairly early on Monday, even though my parents weren't bringing the boys home until late that evening. We wanted to test drive a larger vehicle we have been considering, "just in case" we end up with four kids, instead of just three. (I could technically bring two home from Africa... and I certainly wouldn't say no if someone offered me a sibling group!) We also figured we might as well get a jump start on the laundry, and clean up.
Vacation doesn't really sync with our brains very well, does it?

The boys were non-stop bubbling over excitement about their trip to see the Great Grandparents, several extended family members, and best of all DISNEY! Their joy is so contagious - it is beautiful.

Believe it or not, both my dad and I forgot our camera's. BOTH of us. My dad bought a disposable one, so eventually there will be pictures of Disney. I just have to take them somewhere to be developed. If I still remember how to do that after so many years of being digital only!?
Our time in Savannah has no pictures. Not a one. Amazingly enough, I even forgot my phone, so I couldn't even take pictures on my blackberry. Andy could care less about pictures, so although I reminded him a couple of times that he could take a picture on his phone, he would just shrug and say "I don't know how to get them off my phone, so what is the point." So, we have not a single picture of our mini vacation.
But somehow, I don't really mind. The memories are beautiful in my head.

The less then beautiful since we have been home is working itself out. Life isn't always easy, or perfect, or ordered in the way I prefer. I can't really control that.
However, my attitude about how life proceeds is entirely up to me. I have to control that: no one else can! Thanks to a gentle "snap out of it" from my Mommy, an encouraging call from one sis, beautiful pictures of DC from another sis, and several really good friends who didn't even know they were lifting me up - they were just being themselves- I am feeling better.

Plus, I have a new dryer, rather then one that smells like burning wires.

Tomorrow morning is a field trip to a dairy farm. Cows are early morning creatures, and I am not... Perhaps I should head to bed, so that I am a functioning person come 6am?
The camera is already packed for this one, so be prepared - pictures are coming!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so sorry you had to come home to stress after your wonderful vacation. I miss you!!! When is it you are coming again? It should be soon, right?!

EmileeHope said...

So y'all already got a new one!?! You're fast! Hope you have a wonderful weekend Betsy! Give the boys hugs and kisses from their Auntie Em. Love ya!!