Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, September 20, 2010

Breakfast in Bed

 Andy's sleep schedule has been completely destroyed lately. He has gone from working days in Yuma, which is three hours behind here, to working swing shift here, (usually 3-midnight or so, it fluctuates some), then last week they ran a blitz to get their sister unit deployed. 12 hours shifts for everyone on the flight line, trying to get all the planes in the air and on their way to the desert. Midnight to noon.
 They got all the planes safely in the air and on their way, and the support troops headed out on Saturday. Mission accomplished - and if you think about it, say a prayer for the families this first week. That is usually the hardest, adjusting to daddy (or mommy) being gone.
 Now however, Andy's body had to readjust to sleeping, and living, and working his "normal" shift. Basically a 12 hour switch.
 When he got off at noon on Friday, rather then go to bed after working all night, he just stayed up. He crashed around 9pm, rather then our usual 1 or 2 am, obviously, but I was impressed with his 24 hour day.
 The problem was that he was wide awake and ready to go at 7 am, and the rest of us were not. We sleep late anyway, and especially on a Saturday morning.
 Rather then sit around doing nothing, or being loud and obnoxious to the woman who stayed up til 2, as usual, he was an angel instead.

 He went to walmart, since we were out of eggs and peppers, made me an omelet (and fresh coffee) and brought it to me in bed at a much later hour. 
 I am going to post the picture of myself - but please, remember, I had just woken up, bed head and all.
 Have some grace!  

 I was puffy eyed, but very happy. 
I am so spoiled. 

3 comments:

autumnesf said...

He's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Awww I have such a great Brother!!! I'm so glad you caught such a good catch Sissy =)))

Mary

Carrie said...

I am sooooooooo jealous!!!!!!