Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Waste not, Want not, Wednesday

I have missed a few weeks of Wednesdays on here, but I am back.
 Today's is slightly different then some of my others. Rather then creating something, or recycling something, I am just going to point out something obvious.

 The library.

 The public library system was created for the sharing of books. How often do you buy a book, read it once, then leave it on the shelf collecting dust? How often do your children outgrow a book, move beyond that reading level or interest level, and, once again, the book just sits there, collecting dust.

 Ever think about donating those books to your local public library?

 There are thousands of patrons, of all ages and personalities frequenting the library in YOUR town, I guarantee it. After your interest has waned, pass the book along. The dust will be shaken off and it will be shared and loved.

 And on the flip side... save yourself some money and consider checking some books out rather then buying every single one you want to read.

 Obviously, you have seen pictures of my house if you have been reading this blog for long. I love books, and buy entirely too many of them. But I try to clean out, donate the extras, and remember to check them out rather them buy them if they are "read one time" books.

 The written word is a precious gift. The ability to pass along wisdom gleaned, comedy shared, history's lessons and even romance to make a girl's heart skip a beat - that it to be appreciated.
 Please, appreciate your library.

 Waste not, want not my friends.

1 comment:

Blessed said...

hey :) this was the first time i had ever read your blog and i just wanted to say that what you wrote was really interesting and so true. thanks for sharing the wonderful insight that god has blessed you with :)