Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Recognizing

I took a picture of my shadow this summer. It looks like the shadow of anyone and everyone. There are practically no distinguishing features. My hair is pulled back. My skin in shadow colored. You can’t see my face or even that I am wearing my favorite earrings. I am just a blur. You wouldn’t know it was me if I hadn’t told you that it was. 
 That is sort of how I am feeling about my Jesus right now. He is a shadow. He is here, I am confident, but He is a bit of a blur. It is hard to recognize Him when I am distracted by so much around me. Then, this was the focal verse this morning and I just felt like I wasn’t alone. I wasn’t the only one. These men had walked with Him, seen Him face to face and they still didn’t recognize Him at that moment. 
 That is the key part- “at that moment”. If you read the verses before and after there is so much more to the story, and eventually they recognize Him again. But He was always there, walking with them. Helping them sort through the confusion. Reminding them of truth when they couldn’t understand it...even when they didn’t recognize Him.
 So I am passing that reminder along. Sometimes we don’t recognize Him. Perhaps things are blurry or shadowed or simply unclear. 
 But HE is here. 
 Keep looking.


No comments: