Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Countdown

This verse rings true- I have startled myself multiple times in the last few days, passing by a mirror and being surprised. I forget that the hair is gone :) Makes me laugh. 
 We are driving up to Birmingham right now. The Pre-op appt and a 2 hour scan for part of a research study are today. We find out exactly how many sensors (a dozen is the estimate) will be inserted into my brain, and what time we need to be there tomorrow morning. The details will be worked out. It is feeling very real. 
 So, the request for a spirit of calm is what I ask for. Please, pray that over me, and over Andy as well. 
 Starting Thursday we will be asking for seizures, so that the sensors can do their job and identify exactly which part of my brain is misfiring and causing the seizures. But for now, please pray for me to let go of the need to control. Pray for me to trust my Savior to be working, even when I am overwhelmed or confused. 
 James 1:5 stood out to me today- “if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously...” 
 He gives generously. 
 Not just barely enough. 
 Not with payment expected. 
 Not only if you have earned it. 
 Generously. 
 So, I ask. I ask Him, and I ask for you to ask Him with me. 
 Be filled with joy my friends, even when it is overwhelming. 
 Be at peace, even when it seems far away. 
 Be blessed by His presence, at all times. 
 With love!  





No comments: