Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Sparrows and hair

“For only a penny you can buy two sparrows, yet not one sparrow falls to the ground without your Father's consent. As for you, even the hairs of your head have all been counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows!”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:29-31‬ ‭GNB‬‬

One week left til surgery. One week with my hair. 
 In all honesty, vanity has been my hardest hurdle with this surgery. I didn’t think I was vain. I don’t wear makeup. I don’t care about what clothes are in fashion. I don’t even really “fix” my hair....but apparently I love it more than I realized. 
It is mine. 
It is individual and carefree and fun. 
It almost seems to have its own opinions, and I let it.
It has defined me. BIG hair is hard to miss, and it has been BIG for a long time!
So I don’t want to say goodbye.

I had decided that today was the day I was going to write about this battle and ask for input and prayers.
 Guess what? Today in my pre-picked and pre-scheduled reading, this verse was there. 
HE has counted my hair. 
HE lined that up for me. 
The verse I needed on the day that I needed it.
The simplicity of that is beautiful. 
I am so very very blessed. 

So, here is the discussion. I want to donate my hair. It seems a waste to just chop it off and throw it away, which is what will happen in the operating room. I need to do it before hand. And since it really isn’t long enough to just cut, I will need to buzz it to make it long enough to share. Please, pray I am brave enough for that, several days before it is time for surgery. 
 We are considering Saturday and Andy is going to join me and buzz his too. My children are willing, but I have told them that I love their hair too much to ask them to buzz it off. 

Next question, where have you donated your hair before? Have any of you been blessed by one of the donation places? I know quite a few people who have had cancer, or their children have had cancer. Any input from any of you?

Most importantly though the reminder, again, that HE has counted your every hair. 
Every single one. 
He cares about the ones changing color.
He cares about the ones falling out. 
He cares about the buzz cuts and the bleached out and the braided. He cares about the long and the frizzy and the purple. 
Whether you can see it or accept it, He cares. 
I do too. 
Be blessed my friends. Every single hair on your head. 

3 comments:

Laureine said...

My hair has been thinning since I had E & that's not nearly as hard as having to do what you're doing, but it has definitely been taking a toll on my vanity. Thanks for a beautiful reminder <3 Praying for you & your mom as y'all face these trying medical times.

Susan W said...

Love how that verse came at just the right time. Praying for this journey.

Augustrae said...

You are gorgeous inside and out! Our hair dose not define who we are in Christ. I remember waking to my hair falling out at 12 it was not easy I thought I was dying. Doctors had no answers. At first it bothered me. But then I realized it didn't make me any less me. I was and still am the person God created me to be. I am still loved by my family for who I am. Not what I have. You are strong and highly favored by the one true God! Your in my prayers.