Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, January 18, 2020

Choose what you see


This verse has comforted me more often than you can imagine. 
 IN Bethany.
 With me. Through me. For me. 
In me. 
The verse literally means the place, the small town outside Jerusalem, but I have always been so grateful my parents named me after a place where Jesus had been. 

It has only been a few hours. I can’t give a summary of how I feel or what I have learned yet. But when I went to post this picture I went to the Bible.com app first and, sure enough, that verse jumped out and grabbed me. I planned to seek the Psalms, and can’t even tell you how I ended up in Mark, but there it was. 
Reminding me that Jesus is IN me. 

Lots of little ponytails
The first, startling, cut. 

By this point I was, perhaps, overwhelmed...
So Andy was silly in the completion of his.
Maybe it won’t be long enough to use, but I have to offer it. 
I have to try. 
This picture isn’t very clear, but it shows how amazing my husband is. He encouraged me to get dressed up, as several friends had suggested, and take a cute picture. My Andy is amazing.
My men. My crew. My strong support team. 
My Jesus has blessed me so much. 

That is my challenge to you- choose to see the blessing. 
Choose to find the good.
Choose to celebrate. 
Choose. 

Be blessed my friends, with Joy that overcomes.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Great job dear friend! I love this verse with the picture so much, He is! My other favorite picture is the last one. All of your happy faces together. Sending lots of love and prayers, Tracy

Shannon said...

Beautiful!

JimandChristine said...

Love you and your joyful spirit, Bethany! Prayers for strength and healing. ♥️

Kelli said...

Love you! You look so pretty!!

Rachelle said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.