Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A dream -

or rather, a nightmare! 

 My Mom came in this morning to wake me up - reminding me to get up and going since it was Tue. and we had water aerobics to get ready for - but she was laughing as she woke me up. It seems that one of the reasons she felt the need to wake me up personally was to make sure that "it was just a dream". 
 Last night she dreamed that I grew a set of sideburns, long, Elvis style sideburns. Because I missed Andy, and I knew that he would grow them if he could. In that crazy sort of "sense" that only dreams have, I reasoned that since Andy was deployed and couldn't have facial hair, and since he LOVES crazy things like sideburns and gotees, well, I was going to grow some intense Elvis sideburns for him. 
 So Mom had to come down and check - just to make sure it was a dream. 

 Thanks Mom. 
 I'm glad to hear that you think I am capable of growing some Elvis sideburns overnight. 


 It turned out that I didn't even go to water aerobics, because (after waking me up with his coughing all night long) Zion woke up with a fever. Poor little pitiful thing. He is still in his pj's, and is currently watching Thomas the Tank Engine. Hopefully it is a 24 hour bug - 

5 comments:

Marcy said...

That's pretty hilarious!

Mimi said...

Aww, Elvis sideburns would've been pretty sweet.
Poor Zion, hope he feels better!

Carrie said...

I am sorry Zion is sick. AND I think you are just unpatriotic for not seriously considering the sideburns thing. ha ha! JK!

EmileeHope said...

Y'all are too funny!!! Hope Zi gets to feeling better soon. I might see you tonight since mom said Aunt Beth is coming thru I am going to try to make it up to see her. I was going to load up all my scrapbooking stuff to bring to you, but as I was trying to pull it all together I got overwhelmed-but don't think you are getting out of it! I am knighting you as "Lady of Photo Design and Memories." Which means I REALLY want you to do this for me!! luv ya!

Karen said...

How funny!! Elvis side burns? Maybe that is a sign you need to visit Graceland(the church, not the home)...or maybe that would be some type of new love language?! You could add a chapter to the book for #6...I'm sure Andy would supply an appropriate title for that chapter...