Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, March 16, 2009

An update, sort of...

There are a thousand things I should be doing... unpacking all the junk I brought up from S. GA, writing thank you notes to the AMAZING people who helped me move this weekend, working on paperwork for adoption stuff that has stalled, yet again, the list goes on and on. There are three things that I am doing instead. 
 1. Sneezing my brains out repeatedly. 
 2. Waiting for One Tree Hill to begin
 3. Typing this blog

 You can see where my priorities are. But seriously people, I have one weakness.... okay, two... no, make that three. Andy, dark chocolate, and One Tree Hill. In that order. I suppose I should add this blog to that list too. Perhaps I am weaker then I like to think?! 
 Oh, banish the thought!

 One Tree Hill is my one show. The only one I watch - and I am honest when I say that. My kids watch Sesame Street, and the occasional Backyardagains, but I truly don't watch tv - except for One Tree Hill. But I am completely addicted to it. 
 I am slightly afraid that tonight might be a turning point though. It has been reruns for the past few weeks, but the teaser about tonight's "new" episode was talking about abortion. I am very curious to see what they say, and how they handle it. Because, as you all know, I am very very prolife. 
 One Tree Hill has taken on some intense issues in the past. Suicide, highschool shootings, rape, drug abuse - and I think they have handled them fairly maturely. Not from a "Christian" point of view, obviously, but not completely secular either. I am slightly stressed about tonight's episode... but eager to see what happens. We'll see if I am still a fan of the show or not after tonight. 

 Obviously, I have been without internet for the last few days, and have LOTS of catching up to do in my posting. But for now, I am going to continue with my sneezing, and go watch One Tree Hill. 
 Expect more to follow soon! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

S. GA?! OOh! I'm in Central GA :)

Carrie said...

I have never gotten into One Tree Hill, though I think I have watched it once or twice before. I will be interested to hear what you have to say about it. Welcome back...almost...to the world! ha ha!

Mimi said...

Can't to hear how your show works out. I have grieved in the past for shows that were so good!......and yet cross some personal line of mine.
I hope you take adequate time to chill and unwind. Those boxes will get gone through eventually. And even if they don't it'll just help you get back here quicker!!