Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, March 22, 2009

My night of dorkdom

 I have been a really bad blogger lately. However, I do not take any blame for not blogging last night. I sat here at this computer and tried valiantly to blog - the ISP simply would not comply. Now I am waiting for some more pictures to go with our activities during the last two day. And trust me, they have been doozies. 
 But right now, I am going to take a minute and reveal my complete and utter "book nerd" status. Tonight, I spent almost 5 hours at a party talking about books, and a movie made from those books, and the pros and cons - and several rabbit trails about other books and movies. 
 But mostly, we talked about .....


 Here is where I must state emphatically that I am not a "movie person". Not at all. I am very much a "book person".  Tonight we watched Twilight, and it was my first time to see it. There have been very few movies made from books that have pleased me. 
 This was not one of them. 
 I didn't hate it, or anything that extreme. But it really couldn't compete with this... 


 I think I will read the whole series again. I have only read it once, and it has been at least six months. 
 Does that make me a nerd? 
 Probably.
 Is that a surprise?
 Absolutely not! 

 I had a wonderful time at a party, met new ladies (who were at least as nerdy as me, and I mean that totally as a complement, if any of you are reading this!) and I got to gawk as some really hot young actors in a trendy movie. 
 They did not fulfill my imagination of what the characters looked like, or should act like, and none of them were as handsome as my gorgeous, talented and romantic husband (who occasionally stops by to read my blog) but it was a fun night. 

 I'm so glad the written language was invented... and the printing press... and the handy dandy personal computer. 
 I love words! 

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so happy you went to the party and had fun! Maybe I will read the books soon...who knows...not extremely motivated I admit.
I am sorry I missed the fun, but really I wouldn't have contributed much and I started getting sick myself last night (thinking a cold is coming) so I was kind of blah.
see you later!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I am a word lover, also. I like movies, too, but most of the time(for me at least), a book-based movie is a let down if I read the book first. Is that nerdy?

Chrissy said...

I am so jealous. I bought the movie at midnight and spent my sick Saturday watching it, but have not been to a Twilight party, booo hoooo! Oh, and anything you want to know about all things Twilight, I can hook you up...the ladies and I speak Twilight every day at lunch. Anyway, I am glad you had a great time.

Marcy said...

Wow! I can't believe you went to a Twilight party! Who threw it? I watched it on Sunday and it was part of a 3-disc set and so I am watching all the extra footage that went along with it. I totally agree with you that the movie can't compare with the book. I am glad that I saw the movie first. But, it is probably good that it had been so long between reading the book and seeing the movie. Have fun going through the books again. I have read them all more than once as well. They are addictive!