Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A first

 Today the boys and I went to visit one of my best friends from college, Amanda, and her little girl, Emily Anne. First things first...
 Isn't she ADORABLE?!?!


 Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my boys, completely and utterly. But I do enjoy a moment of girl time now and then. The frilly dresses. Playing with dolls. Dragging mommy's high heels out of the closet and prancing around in them - those are not things that I get to experience with my boys. 

 Usually, Zion and Emily Anne are the best of friends. They played nicely for the first couple of hours. But soon after the 3 hour mark of our visit, this is the picture I caught. 
 I think the arms say it all. 

 The big adventure of the day happened on the front porch. 
This seat certainly looks innocent, doesn't it?

 Let me tell you, Canaan won't be sitting there again anytime soon! 

 He started just sobbing, and I went running.
 He had a stinger sticking out of his forehead, and this creature (either a wasp or a hornet) was sitting, nice as you please, on the ground near him. 
 
 I promptly smashed it, scraped out the stinger with my fingernail, and ran inside to google "hornet sting". What did mommies do before they had the internet? I simply can't imagine life without it!
 Here is our little trooper with his baking soda paste "bandage". 

 He swelled up a little, but tylenol seemed to wipe out the pain and he has been fine the rest of the day. 
 And I, the obsessed blogger mom that I am, left him nicely dosed on tylenol and baking soda, and went back outside to take a picture of the "scene of the crime", as well as the nicely smashed criminal! 
 
Hopefully tomorrow will be a slightly less adventure filled day! 

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I almost asked if you took pictures yesterday but then I didn't. I knew you had! ha ha!
I am glad you are skilled in the art of "sting" treatment. We can relax as the kids all play outside this spring. I wouldn't have known what to do. Good for you!

EmileeHope said...

Glad to hear the little trooper is doing alright. A hornet sting is no small matter! (Loved the pic of Zi & Emily "around the 3 hour mark"! Too cute!)

Karen said...

Love the picture journal of your day...