Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, March 09, 2009

Pictures, because I can


Handsome man!

Copycat One


Copycat Two

I have not been very faithful at posting a daily picture. That whole project 365 thing was a fascinating idea, really it was. But I have WAY too many words spilling out to try to contain them. I can't say what I need to say with just a picture. 
 Don't get me wrong, pictures help, and I greatly appreciate them. But I am a word girl. Always have been - always will be. 

 But in the meantime, I have been trying to stick with my original goal. I may not have been posting a picture every day, but I have been making a concerted effort to take at least one every day. I know that I missed the day that I went to the ER for myself. And I think I missed a day or two in the last week, with all the moving. But other then that, I have stayed fairly true to my goal.    
 In honor of that, here are a few random shots from the last two weeks... just because I can! 


This was D-Day. I was crying, (that is my vanity talking, since I think I look terrible in this picture) but he wanted a kiss in front of our house since he would never live there again. And at that point, I wasn't telling him no about anything! 

Swinging maniacs - they love the backyard! 

Canaan fell off the slide, and into the hydrangea bush. Quite a battle scar! 

Cute outfit... ugly attitude!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about his battle scar! What slde? I bet he was upset.

Andy

Mimi said...

I love it when Andy leaves a comment right before me!! It's almost like talking to him!!!!
I love the picture of the two of you kissing...sweet!

Carrie said...

I am loving reading what Andy has to say on your blog. This will probably be a good incentive TO post photos more often actually!
How did you get those photos to post in that square arrangement up there? That is very well done there!!
I think it is so sweet that you had a photo in front of the house because you wouldn't be living there again....how very thoughtful, I would never think of that!
ttyl!