Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Snap

Well, last night the internet would not cooperate - my pictures would not load. So, while I was waiting, quite impatiently, I started reading a book....
 I read, and read and read. I think I started the book around 10:30. I finished it around 3:30. 
 I still got 4 hours of sleep - not bad for a grumpy start to a night. 
 The pictures never loaded, but I seem to have gotten over my bad mood. 
 Here is the post I had written pre-book, and here are the pictures, now that they finally decided to load. 

I have been in a funk today. 
 My husband is deployed and I miss him, DREADFULLY. 
 My daughter is still miles and miles away, months and months away, stacks and stacks of paperwork away. And she doesn't know that I love her. 
 My kids have been up late several times this week, and thus slightly grumpy themselves. 
 My blood sugars are out of whack, even though I take plenty of insulin, and that annoys me.
 I have gained three pounds over the last few weeks, and that just stinks. 
 Even with those three pounds yelling at me, the only thing I really want to eat is chocolate.  But I have severely limited myself. 
 The limiting of chocolate sure didn't help the funk any. 
 My friend Carrie came over and kept me from being depressed for awhile this afternoon. I think she may have saved my sanity. 
 Then my daddy took me to Home Depot and bought me a hoe, some fresh cover soil and cucumber and carrot seeds. 
 I have a project to look forward to. 
 But first, tomorrow has to come. I have to survive tonight, and my empty bed which seems so very very lonely.  
 
 Praise God, I have a forgiving savior. He forgives my repeat performances of forgetting, again and again, that HE is enough. And always, always, He reminds me of the beautiful pieces of joy that He has put in my life to hold me over. 
 Let me show you just a few of those beautiful pieces of joy that hold me over.  


Papaw and his boys.

Zion and his Noni, searching for eggs.

Canaan took this picture - didn't he do fabulous!
How cool is that? 

I just love this picture!
This one too! 
 My children are blessed with such wonderful friends,
and I am blessed with wonderful mothers of those friends...

2 comments:

EmileeHope said...

Those are some great pictures! (I need a copy of some of those!!!) Love you Betsy and glad you are having a better day today! (Also, Kevin mentioned the other day that he was worried about you because every time he saw you, you were skinnier and he wondered what was wrong-if Kevin thinks your too skinny-you are skinny!!!!! So I am relieved to hear you put on 3 pounds, that means you aren't wasting away before our very eyes!!)

Carrie said...

Aw...love you! I love these pictures. I saw some of them on Mary's facebook. I hope you have a fun trip and "check your blood sugar, and check it often!" ha ha!!