Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, June 25, 2009

Animals, water and children - perfect combo!

After several trips to the Atlanta Zoo lately, we decided it was time for a change of pace. The Chattanooga Zoo offers $1 admission on Wednesday, and several friends of ours were wanting to take an adventure afternoon also, so we decided to all spend the morning (and afternoon) together.

First, our group next to the giant Chimp.

The petting area was very fun!

After I had been petting the camel for 2 or 3 minutes the zoo attendant came over and said "You probably shouldn't pet him. He bites!" Well, thanks...

The classic "silly shot".

After the zoo, we went to Coolidge Park, had a picnic lunch then devoted ourselves to some serious play time.
WATER!!


The animals shoot water out of their mouths - Zion LOVED that!

Canaan loved the whole thing!

Very wet, tired, and happy children.

Last, but not least, I am adding some pictures of my other anniversary present. Carrie said I should show them off, and it didn't take much encouragement to talk me into it!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your pictures, and I missed the part about the camel biting! Of course, you probably didn't want to tell me that anyway! ha ha!
Your flowers are GORGEOUS!!!! Andy did a great job!!!!!!!!

EmileeHope said...

Loved the flowers Betsy, they are beautiful! (Good job Andy!!)
It was good seeing you last night!! Luv ya!!!