Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, June 04, 2009

More cuteness

 Today when I was out running errands it was dreary and wet. With the rain drizzling down, I decided to leave Mom and the boys in the car. Mom had a book. The boys had crayons and their coloring pages from the Buzz - free kid's meals from Fuddruckers with purchase of an adult meal - so no one minded being left in the car. 
 When I returned to the car after errand number 2, running through the rain with my poor curls now a giant ball of frizz on top of my head, I happened to glance into the backseat. 
 Oh, how I wish I had my camera with me at that moment. Zion's face was covered in - well, color. That is the best way I can think to describe it. I exclaimed, "Zion, what did you do?!" Upon a closer look, I was pretty sure what he had done, so I asked with disapproval in my voice, "Zion, did you eat a crayon?" 
 In perfect seriousness and with great cheer, he responded, "No - - - Two! A green one and a blue one!"
 I could not help it. I burst out laughing.
 I think that as a mother I was probably supposed to fuss at him, and tell him that eating crayons is not a proper activity. But honestly, all hopes of trying to stay upset with him when he so truthfully and seriously responded with "No - TWO"... well, all hopes went out the window, and washed away with the rain. 
 Canaan watched all this, then informed me that he was pretty sure that Zion hadn't eaten the crayons, instead, "He just ate the skins". I assume that means he ate the paper off the crayons? I just told them to finish their coloring pages so we could go into Fuddruckers and eat some real food! 
 
 Now, as to why my camera wasn't in my purse where it belonged... 

This morning Canaan decided to do Yoga with his aunts Kelsey and Mary (and their friend Lindsay). I couldn't resist getting a picture or two of that. 
During this particular position, he exclaimed "Don't we ever get a break?" 
 Oh, life is good!
 

2 comments:

EmileeHope said...

Those boys are just too cute!! Mom had told me the crayon story this morning before I read your blog-how adorable!!

Carrie said...

That is so funny! I actually love that Canaan said that he ate the "skins". They are so funny the way their little minds work!
And...so..seeing the yoga pictures inspire me.