Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A whirlwind weekend






We had a really full weekend that ran over into Monday.
Our old neighbors from Moody AFB came up to visit. Her DH is in Afghanistan right now too, although not anywhere near Andy, and they were needing a change of scenery. I was happy to provide a place to stay, and selfishly received a distraction for myself as well. Anything that helps the time go faster is welcome, and when it is good friends willing to have a good time, well then, all the better!
When we first moved to Hahira I use to provide childcare for Emma while Amy worked, so I feel especially bonded to "my" little girl. She turned four last week, and I missed her birthday - we had to make up for that when she came to visit.

We spent Sunday at church, and just hanging out, being silly girls. Mary and Emilee decided to make t-shirt skirts, and we were all involved in that project.

Here are the three of us in the finished projects. Please, ignore the shirts - we just tossed the skirts on with what we were already wearing, and it created quite a rainbow of color.
It might be slightly nausea inducing if you are not careful!

On Monday Amy and I got up, loaded up the kiddo's and headed to the Zoo. The beautiful thing about having an annual membership is that I can spend 2 hours at the zoo, see just the few things I have an interest in that day, and leave without guilt. I don't have to stress about getting my money's worth, spending hours trudging around, exhausted beyond belief. I even get to take a friend with me!

As always, you have to start an Atlanta Zoo trip off with a visit to the Flamingos.

Aren't these some beautiful faces?


We got up close and personal with the pandas.

When I saw the adorable family time these Warthogs were having, I commented that they really were beautiful. A man walking by laughed and said, "If those are beautiful, I would hate to see what you think is ugly!"
Truly though, their actions were so lovely, that their appearance couldn't help but be admired also.

After the zoo we went to Ikea for lunch. I had never been to Ikea, and I fell in love! The food was wonderful, the play area was so convenient, and the organization tools were AMAZING!!!
We were pressed for time, and very much on a budget, but I think a second trip is definitely called for when both time and money are in more abundance.


After Ikea we had to beat Atl. traffic back to the north side of town so that Dad could pick me up and get back "home" before Canaan's T-ball practice, and so Amy could head out of town toward her family in N. Carolina for a little visiting before she had to be back at work in a few days.
I am so very grateful for such a good friend to spend the weekend with, passing the time while our husbands are far away.

No comments: