Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Do you ever just stop to appreciate the internet? Truly?

Yeah, yeah, I know it has it's downsides.
 People buy things they don't need, just because they are readily available - but they did that before the internet was created.
 People look at things that are immoral and degrading - but they did that too before the internet was created.
 Sometime people use it to say unkind things about others behind their backs, or perhaps even "to their faces"(at least as best they can if their face is a computer screen, but you know what I mean) - but guess what, they did that before the internet was created too.

 Sin is not new. I suppose the way it is carried around and displayed occasionally looks new, but sin remains what it is.

 But blessings - blessings are up to us to find. There is an un-ending array of ways to bless those around us, or those thousands of miles away. Yes - we could do that before the internet was created too. But sometimes it sure does expedite things.
 A message of encouragement can arrive in .05 seconds, rather then 3 weeks, all the way to Africa.
 The story of a morning with children which was draining can be shared by an exhausted mother, and commented on by an experienced mother, giving someone the strength to finish the day refreshed and with new ideas.
 School curriculum is there to peruse.
 Math, Science, and Print-outs of Thanksgiving turkeys with crossword puzzles on their bellies.
 The definition of every word, in every language I can imagine is at my fingertips, literally.
 All, at the click of a button.
 Father's have seen their children born from half way across the world.
 My own husband, rather then missing six months of our lives, was only partially removed because he got a written review every single day, and a video conference at least three times a week.
 Music from all genre's and languages.

 Blessings are up to us to find, and to give.

 Have you stopped to appreciate the internet? Truly?

5 comments:

autumnesf said...

Love this post!
So true!

"blessing are up to us to find"

Total wisdom. Wish more people could wrap their minds around it!

Carrie said...

LOVE! True True True. I can't imagine homeschooling without the internet!

Tricia said...

And don't forget the friends we meet...

Karen said...

Oh, I agree completely!

Jennifer said...

So very, very true! Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks so much for coming by to visit me! (And yes - crew chiefs really do rock! LOL!)

I'm your newest follower now!