Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, August 03, 2010

In Christ Alone

They sang this at the wedding we went to on Sat. I already love this song, but I think my Savior knew how much I was going to need the words written out for me, there on the program that I carried home - sitting in my purse on Monday. 

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought or storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, My All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
Here in the love of Christ I stand


Be sure to turn off the music at the bottom -then listen, and be assured.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love this song, and this is my all time favorite version of it! Beautiful words!

EmileeHope said...

Such a beautiful and amazing song! I love it!
(If we ever do a cd again, we should put this one on there for sure!)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm Yes love this song!!! Such a great reminder that no matter what happens in life our hope is always found in Him =) Even when we are frustrated with him he gives us hope...What a great God we serve!!! Another good one is Be thou my Vision =) Theres a version I have that I love but I can't remember the artist...But the words alone are sooooo great!

Love you =) Mares