Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Friday night's adventure... or why I didn't blog

Zion has been testing me lately. Every single day. Every fifteen minutes, it seems some days. So, in this picture you would think I would sigh with relief to see him sleeping so peacefully. 
Hmmmm....

Look again. Could that be the middle of the hallway he is sleeping in? 
Why yes, yes it could be. 

He is sleeping there after getting up multiple times, deciding to "water" his brother's plant (weed) in the windowsill, causing it to overflow everywhere, (at 10pm)
(picture of plant taken earlier in the day)
 declaring that he didn't like Canaan and didn't want to sleep in the same room as him, yelling emphatically that he was never going to sleep.... 

 I finally opened my E-mail account, closed my ears and looked the opposite direction of their room. 

Canaan seems to be able to sleep through anything and was cheerfully sleeping before most of the trouble went down. 
But Zion... Zion ended up here. 

When I went to pick him up and carry him back to his bed I noticed his little hands. They may have gotten a lot bigger then they were, but they can still curl around my finger - just like when he was a baby. 

 He may be tall, and lanky, and full of himself. But he is only 4. And he will always be my baby, just like Canaan will always be my baby. 

 I'm just glad I can still lift him! 

3 comments:

autumnesf said...

YOu know, if he keeps it up about not sleeping with brother, put him on the floor at night in the school room. No extra padding, just a blanket (or sleeping bag if you want to be nice) and let him sleep there. He WILL get tired of not having a real bed eventually.

And have daddy start the 'you don't talk to MY WIFE like that' kind of thing now. By 15 my son was quite a bit bigger than I am and dad was in the desert all the time. If he'd decided he wasn't listening to me anymore there is not much I could have done about it. But the daddy talks on what wasn't acceptable behavior towards HIS WIFE had sunk in by then. So I had yelling and fits but not once did I feel threatened. (Not that you were dealing with that kind of behavior - its just a good teaching for the spirited ones).

Carrie said...

I would have left him there I think! ha ha ha! Cute pics though, such foresight to get a photo!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of boys! I have a testy one too.