Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hot morning at the park

 We know it is going to reach the upper 90's most afternoons around here, and do our best to avoid going outside. It is just how it is.
 But the heat is only part of it. 

 It's the humidity. Sticky, heavy, weighing you down. Even at 10am you can barely breathe. 
But when you are in the under ten crowd... well, who needs to breathe when you are under 10, right? 
And it really is just so beautiful out!
I know that classically this is not a good picture - no one is looking, and I have no idea what I am doing with lighting and all that jazz - but it seems just the epitome of childhood caught in a picture. Barefoot boys, protective big sister, the shine of the sun beating down. 
Zion was losing his pants... as always. Looks like Canaan's might be too tight. I can't keep them in the right size! 
 The "bark" on the playground is made from recycled tires. 
The green momma in me loves it, and it saves us from splinters, but oh, does it make for some dirty feet! 
So proud of himself - about what I am not sure, but proud none the less! 
This little monkey is only 3 1/2, but he truly is a monkey. He can climb anything! 
I know, I know - half the picture is Canaan's arm - but I just LOVE Zion's face, and the pure green of the grass, and how you can see the chunk out of Zion's bangs - just to your right - that he cut, all by himself. 

And that, my friends, is where the tour ends. One picture later my battery died, and I cried. 
30 minutes later we loaded up and headed for some air conditioning, and after all that heat my boys talked me into letting them cut off all their hair. I love it with some length, but Canaan just wants to look like Daddy, military regs all the way. 
We came to an agreement somewhere in the middle. 
The camera has charged... pictures will follow tomorrow!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Kids are like the postal service...the elements do not faze them....