Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, August 25, 2008

A confession

It has been a little harder for me to write on here the last few days because I have been having to do a little soul searching. I have come to the realization that I let myself become less than positive over the last few weeks. I feel slightly ashamed and definitley embarrassed. I guess what I am coming down to is an apology. I have always felt that my theme is "Joy", and yet I feel now that I was less than joyful lately. I am sorry.
It is a huge relief to feel physicaly better. Mentally, I am still processing all of this. I think that I am still just so relieved that I DON'T have a brain tumor that I am truly and honestly happy to have migraines! Now that I have gone almost a whole week with out any visits to my "alternate reality", no blackouts, no intense moments of deja vu... I can say that I am feeling much more stable. I still spend a large portion of my day dizzy or with my eyes "fluttering", but, as those are a much lesser problem, I think that I am beginning to feel sane again. It is a beautiful thing!
Thank you for prayers and for encouragement. I am continualy amazed by the ways my Savior sneaks grace into my life and suprises me with Joy when I have quit expecting it, and least deserve it. Thank you for sharing my Joy with me, and for making it multiply.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh bethany, this is so convicting to me! I suffer greatly from looking at the glass as half empty...
You have really helped me do my best to try and change that tendency in myself, you are SO positive thinking all the time, and with all that has been doing with you lately, my goodness, its okay to cringe sometimes! :) You are awesome!