Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the opposite of homeschool wonderworld

I totally should not have written about how wonderful school was going this year. I should have know that it was a sure fire way to have today be absolutely terrible. So far, it is living up to the promise! 
 Currently (11:10 am) both of my boys are in their beds, crying. Zion took his underwear off while I was doing my workout this morning, and put them on his head. No big deal. Then, while I was trying to get Canaan back on track with his handwriting, Zion puts his underwear back on then decided to pee in them, and on my floor. While I was trying to clean that up, Canaan tried to do his handwriting sitting on the bed, instead of at the desk. That, of course, didn't work very well, and it was terribly sloppy. So, I asked  him to do it again. He cried. In the meantime, Zion is still naked. I tell him that he has to wear padded underwear or a Pull-up now- no more "big boy" underwear, since he peed in them. He proceeds to thrown an enormous temper tantrum. In the middle of that, I hear the phone ringing, and it is Andy's ring, so I rush to answer it. He is calling to tell me that he and a female student in his ALS class are going to the commissary to pick up some food supplies for the class. (he just wanted to make sure I knew, since the AF works just like a small town, and if he didn't take the time to tell me, then someone would see him, and be sure to call and tell me that "Andy was driving around base with a strange woman in his car")

Okay - It is now two hours later. I got interrupted, and am just now coming back to the blog. Don't you know that is how it works. The rest of the morning went just as badly... probably worse. Zion ended up getting a spanking. Canaan cried some more. 
 But, we have had lunch, and I am feeling renewed. Hopefully we can have a fresh start this afternoon. I hold onto hope with both hands. And that is how I will end this post - with hope. 

2 comments:

Linzyann said...

Hang in there Bethany, and remember yesterday. I hope tomorrow is better!

Unknown said...

awwwww...so sorry! so this is what you meant when you said finally no one is crying! ha ha!
go bake some bread or something!