Who writes this stuff?

My photo

I am happily married to an amazing military man who spent 9 years enlisted and is now an Officer in the US Army. We have two amazing boys who are not so little any more! They still infuse every moment of every day with creativity and energy, and make my life an adventure.  I was educated at home, and am now teaching our children - second generation homeschoolers! I try every day to become more like Jesus Christ, and to love like HE does. If you want you can try and catch me at bethylovesandy@yahoo.com

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV 
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."

Verse of the day

Monday, August 18, 2008

Something that touched my heart

I have spent the day today reading this blog. The whole thing, from January through the present. It has touched me, over and over again. Listening to a mother love, and mourn, and rejoice, and question God, and trust God, and just be real. It has taken me the whole day to read it, with multiple stops to cry, as well as take care of my kids, (who do have to actually be fed, and schooled, and put to bed, etc). The link I am posting here was one of my favorites. Warning, it is very long, but I love how it ends. It is something we have to hear, to learn, to believe, over and over again. I cry out with my whole heart "Bring the Rain".  
 The following song is one of my favorites, ever. After I became a mother, it became harder for me to sing, harder to truly mean. After I became a mother with a child I didn't get to keep, it meant more to me than ever. Because when I sing it, I mean it. I can't sing it every minute, because sometimes I forget that I am not in charge. But every day, I try. I think that is all my Savior asks of me.


No comments: