Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, August 18, 2008

Something that touched my heart

I have spent the day today reading this blog. The whole thing, from January through the present. It has touched me, over and over again. Listening to a mother love, and mourn, and rejoice, and question God, and trust God, and just be real. It has taken me the whole day to read it, with multiple stops to cry, as well as take care of my kids, (who do have to actually be fed, and schooled, and put to bed, etc). The link I am posting here was one of my favorites. Warning, it is very long, but I love how it ends. It is something we have to hear, to learn, to believe, over and over again. I cry out with my whole heart "Bring the Rain".  
 The following song is one of my favorites, ever. After I became a mother, it became harder for me to sing, harder to truly mean. After I became a mother with a child I didn't get to keep, it meant more to me than ever. Because when I sing it, I mean it. I can't sing it every minute, because sometimes I forget that I am not in charge. But every day, I try. I think that is all my Savior asks of me.


No comments: