Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Satisfaction

 "If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probably explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S. Lewis

 I found this quote the other day, and I have been mulling it over. I don't think I have anything new, or breathtaking or deep to reveal. 
 I just wanted to share a few thoughts.
 We are never going to be completely satisfied here on this earth. We can give love, and find love. Or, we can be selfish and cruel. We can have lovely pure projects and dreams and perhaps touch the lives of every single person on this earth. Or we can steal, and loot and hoard our treasures. 
 But none of that will satisfy us here on this earth. 

 Because we do not belong to this world. We were made in the image of our creator. Whether or not we choose to acknowledge Him, we are still in His image. 
 I believe that until He is satisfied, we cannot be satisfied either. 

 What does it take to satisfy the creator of the universe? 

 That is a question you have to answer in your own soul. I think best answered with your soul.
 Just Listen.
 He will answer, if you only ask. 

 Personally, I want to satisfy, and be satisfied. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too found a quote i liked. It is one of Ralph Waldo Emerson's and I found it encouraging.

"There is no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who gets the credit."

A very humbling Quote
I thought

Andy

autumnesf said...

So very well said!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

woops, I am signed in as Katie..ha ha!!! It's me..Carrie