Who writes this stuff?

My photo

I am happily married to an amazing military man who spent 9 years enlisted and is now an Officer in the US Army. We have two amazing boys who are not so little any more! They still infuse every moment of every day with creativity and energy, and make my life an adventure.  I was educated at home, and am now teaching our children - second generation homeschoolers! I try every day to become more like Jesus Christ, and to love like HE does. If you want you can try and catch me at bethylovesandy@yahoo.com

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV 
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."

Verse of the day

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Satisfaction

 "If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probably explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S. Lewis

 I found this quote the other day, and I have been mulling it over. I don't think I have anything new, or breathtaking or deep to reveal. 
 I just wanted to share a few thoughts.
 We are never going to be completely satisfied here on this earth. We can give love, and find love. Or, we can be selfish and cruel. We can have lovely pure projects and dreams and perhaps touch the lives of every single person on this earth. Or we can steal, and loot and hoard our treasures. 
 But none of that will satisfy us here on this earth. 

 Because we do not belong to this world. We were made in the image of our creator. Whether or not we choose to acknowledge Him, we are still in His image. 
 I believe that until He is satisfied, we cannot be satisfied either. 

 What does it take to satisfy the creator of the universe? 

 That is a question you have to answer in your own soul. I think best answered with your soul.
 Just Listen.
 He will answer, if you only ask. 

 Personally, I want to satisfy, and be satisfied. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too found a quote i liked. It is one of Ralph Waldo Emerson's and I found it encouraging.

"There is no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who gets the credit."

A very humbling Quote
I thought

Andy

autumnesf said...

So very well said!

K said...

I love your blog!

K said...

woops, I am signed in as Katie..ha ha!!! It's me..Carrie