Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meeting Grant

 I was in TX this weekend. My youngest sister, Mary Faith, had an end of the year dance program, and needed to move out of her apartment and into a storage unit. So, as much of the family as could drove down there to be with her, and be her personal slaves...

 Luckily for her, several of our cousins already live in Dallas. This is Collin, his wife Alicia and their amazing son Grant. I had not been able to meet Grant yet, so I was super excited to take this trip. You all know how I feel about babies... and ones that are related to me are even more adored!

My cousin Meredith is lucky enough to live in the same town as her new little nephew, and gets to spend time with him quite often. Can you tell that she adores him?! 

Here is Mom with Grant. She loves babies as much as I do.
 I never could get a picture of him smiling, but there are some really cute ones on his mommy's blog, if you want to check them out. 

Collin and I are only a few months apart in age, and have grown up doing things together our entire lives.
From infants....


to elementary school...

to teenagers (I skipped those pictures- I've got them, but truly, I don't feel the need to share them tonight)
My wedding (almost 8 years ago now!!) 

to his wedding. 
(I had a 4 week old baby, a 2 year old, and a deployed hubby, plus I lived 14 hours away. Getting to this wedding was LOVE - but it sure was fun once I got there!)

We have tried to be there for each other. 

He obviously already knows what to do with boys...


My boys loved having someone to wrestle with after Mary's dance program was over. They were very tired, but found enough energy to play for a few minutes! I think having sat still for two hours at a dance program helped them have some extra energy. 

Aren't these some beautiful girls?

Here is the whole group of us. I just love my family... have I said that enough lately? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there, I enjoy hanging out will
Colin. Those other clowns are ok too I guess.

Andy

EmileeHope said...

Sad I missed it! Looks like everyone had fun! (Not sad about missing out on being the slave during the move though!!!)

Carrie said...

Cute pictures! I read their blog sometimes...cute baby!