Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, October 30, 2008

Saturday

 After our late night on Friday, we got up early and drove to S. Carolina for the wedding of one of my roommates from college, Sarah.  Weddings seems to be reunion time for Shorter. Most of us don't make it to the actual "reunions", but we try our best to make it to as many of the weddings as we can. College is getting to be a faint memory, but it always comes back full force when we are together. We are running out of people to get married.... we need a new excuse to get together. 
 I would like to point out a few things about the pictures. First of all, I knew when it was being taken that the absolutely terrible picture of me was going to be terrible. However, Charity insisted on taking it, with my mouth full of food. And strangely enough, even I can find it amusing, even though I should just be completely embarrassed and ashamed. So, I posted it. 
 Secondly, all the good pictures were taken by Charity. She has real talent. If you are in N. Carolina and need to hire a photographer, drop her a line. I thought I had her web page somewhere, but now I can't find the link... Charity, leave it in the comments if you want.
 


 Thirdly, for anyone who does not read my Facebook, please note what Lindsey is wearing in the late night pictures. Yes, that is a Sorority T-shirt. That started a discussion, which has led to the discovery that pretty much everyone I talk to on Facebook from Shorter still has at least one college T-shirt that they keep around and even still wear. What about you non-Shorter people who read my blog? Any favorite shirts you keep around, just for old times sake? I actually have a T-shirt that I sleep in from a fair from 1987. I love that shirt. It is just so soft, and full of memories. Please... comment. 
 Enjoy my trip down memory lane, and hopefully it will trigger one for you too! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have ZERO shirts from college. I do, however, have socks that I got in about the 9th grade I think. Random thing to keep all these years!

Anonymous said...

I have one White Rose shirt that I sleep in occasionally. I think it may be the same one in the picture-funny!
Laura W

Charity said...

Well... I currently dont' have my own photo website. I am sharing one with a friend of mine who was working with me. Probably about 75% of the pictures are mine, but part of them are hers. They had the money for the company, so they got to name it... hence Blumenthal Photography. The website is www.blumenthalphotography.com. Feel free to check it out if you get bored. There are some cool pictures on there.