Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just the two of us...

Mom took Canaan to see "Puss in Boots" this morning. So it is just Zion and I, hanging out and Noni's house. So far, per his request, we have eaten Pop-tarts, watched Bob the Builder, and vacuumed the kitchen. Yes, per his request. I'm telling you, the boy has a strange idea of what is fun. Vacuum cleaners rate really high on the list.This is the one we used this morning. It is an Electrolux, Super J model (like you care, but it just adds something to know what it is called, right?) My Mom got it as a wedding present in 1977. I remember riding on it, like a rocket, many many years ago. Now, my two year old drags it around my mom's house, sits on it like he is riding a rocket, and completely enjoys it.
Most of the people who read this blog are my age, or younger even. How many of you still have the vacuum you received as a wedding present? I don't. I am pretty impressed with this 32 year old machine. Mom does have a newer one too, but this old, heavy, loud one still gets the job done, and greatly entertains my Zion. And that is what really matters. Cheers, Electrolux!

7 comments:

Mimi said...

That IS impressive. And sounds like fun. I'd like to ride a vacuum cleaner, maybe then it'd be fun to clean!!

Anonymous said...

The best vacuum EVER!!!! mom

Linzyann said...

You know, my Nana still vacuums with her Electrolux, too, and it looks to be about the same age as that one, if not older. Don't you wish they made things to last like that now?

Unknown said...

Trying again...
My mom has this vacuum too, but it is gray, a think a couple of years newer than that one. We used to ride it too.
Our first vacuum lasted about 3 months. I really wish they made things to last like that now!

Chrissy said...

How cute! When I was in high school, my mom still had her vacuum from when I was a baby!! I wish I had a vacuum that lasted that long. On a side note, my phone is still broken. You can reach me by e-mail though.

Kelly said...

We've been married 9.5 yrs and we do still have our vacuum that was given to us when we first got married - a used (2 yrs or so at the time) refurbished Kirby. I grew up using an Electolux a lot like that one, though, and though she doesn't always use it these days, my mom does still have it and it does still work. She's got an upright she uses more now.

EmileeHope said...

You forgot to mention the smell. There is a combination of smell/noise to that Electrolux that coincides with a freshly cleaned floor in my mind!!! I love that thing! When we were up helping with the new kitchen floors dad pulled it out and it brought back great memories!! My love of vacuuming began with that machine-maybe Zi gets that from his Auntie Em!