Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Pennies, or Sanity??


I found another great use for the wonderful multi-purpose pan scrapers that come with Pampered Chef pans. If your two year old, who is helping with the laundry, happens to dump liquid laundry detergent all over the tile floor of your laundry room, the scrapers work really well to scrape it back up and, drip by drip, put it back in the container. You save about $1.00. 
 However, if your lifetime goal is to remain sane, I don't recommend it. 
 Perhaps a better idea would be to use a dirty towel, then just not add detergent to the next load, since that towel would then be completely saturated. 
 I used both ideas. Scrape scrape, drip drip drip. Scrape scrape, drip drip drip...... Grab dirty towel and mop up the remainder. 
 Life is good. 
 In other news... when the weather was nice I use to brag about my adorable little town. Over the oppressively hot summer months, I have stayed indoors and ignored my adorable little town. It has finally cooled down again. The boys rode their bikes and I walked to the pharmacy today. I think it is about 2 miles. (Andy disagrees, so I will have to drive it and find out now, just to prove it to him) It was just a fabulous adventure. We got my migraine medicine, walked down to the gas station and got an Icee, then over to the park to play. While there I met a single mother, trying to go to college and raise her kids, who just needed to talk. She has a lot on her plate. God sure likes to throw people into my path. I hope I encouraged her. I pray that I learn what I am supposed to from her. I know that she made me appreciate my blessings. Especially my husband. Andy may drive me insane sometimes, but he is an absolutely amazing man of God, fabulous cook and wonderful husband. I am so thankful for him. Nuff said. 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I lost a little of my sanity just reading about you doing this! ha ha! Actually, I may have tried to salvage some of it, but who knows?

Marcy said...

I like the idea of using a dirty towel and then putting in less detergent or none at all on your new load of towels, depending on how much it is. I would not have scraped it up. Honestly, I might not have thought of saving it at all and used paper towels to clean it up! This is just another reason to use powdered laundry detergent!