Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, October 10, 2008

Schindler

Today, as a surfed the net, looking for knowledge, I ran into a lot of interruptions. Zion peed his pants. Andy called from work to check in. Canaan needed help with his math. (which is not unusual... he is only five after all) 
 But then, I found some interesting sites. Full of adoption information. And pictures. Lots of pictures. And I felt like Oskar Schindler. Have you ever watched that movie, Schindler's List? At the very end, Schindler looks down at his watch, and his ring and realizes that he could have saved more people. "How many?" he says. "How many could this have saved?" 
 That is how I felt. I got my hair colored a few weeks ago. $60. Could I bring two children home if I wasn't quite so vain? Where else can I scrape together $20, $40, $60?  How many more can I "save". They are just children who want to be loved. I have love. I am not lacking in that. So, how many can I have? 
 
 The average international adoption costs between $6000-$20,000. We made our first "payment" on Gifty today. She is so totally worth it. Now I really want two... or three. 

That is actually the first thing Zion's speech therapist said when we told her about Gifty. I have befriended her, of course. I don't know how to not be friends with someone. When we were talking about Gifty, Stephanie just laughed and said she was sure I would come home with at least two children. Knowing me, I would be asking at the boarding gate how many I was allowed to hold on my lap. "Surely I can squeeze three into this seat with me, right?" 
 

No comments: