Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Thursday, October 09, 2008

A new update...

I just got an E-mail about Gifty, then saw this post on the OR& R blog site, and thought I would post it here. We had just gotten good news today that she was doing better, and now this. Emotional roller coaster.....
 
I was hoping that I would have a happy report about Gifty today. She was discharged from the hospital this afternoon. Her jaundice and abdominal swelling are better. But when we left the hospital she had begun a small cough. I spent a few hours at Fatu's orphanage with her caregivers going over her meds and watching her. She did not seem to have a fever so I decided to see how she did overnight and reassess her in the morning. About 3 hours later I got a call that she was not doing well. I went back over to check on her and she had definitely worsened in those few hours. Her cough was much worse, she was coughing so much she could not catch her breath , she was lethargic and burning up with fever. Back to the hospital we went. She was readmitted with bronchiolitis, which she probably caught from another child in the hospital while she was there. She is getting a different kind of IV antibiotics and is being monitored. Her little compromised immune system is having a hard time fighting off the bugs. I will go back and check on her tomorrow. Please keep watching here for updates and continue to pray with us for a miracle for Gifty.

No comments: