Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Friday, February 20, 2009

A fabulous quote

 I was going to just put this in the "quote of the week" section, but I am not sure if anyone actually every looks at that, and this quote demanded, insisted, screamed at me that it must be read. 
 So please, read, and hear God's voice. 

 I did. 

 "We may have as much of God as we will. Christ puts the key of the treasure chamber into our hand, and bids us take all that we want. If a man is admitted into the bullion vault of a bank, and told to help himself, and comes out with one cent, whose fault is it that he is poor? Whose fault is it that Christian people generally have scanty portions of the free riches of God?" McLaren

 Drink and be thirsty no more. Eat, until you are no longer hungry. Don't be afraid to ask, because our God has everything, EVERYTHING, we need... and He is happy to provide it. So please, let's open up our hands, hold them up and receive. 

 Because really, "Whose fault is it" that we are poor? I think we know the answer to that question. 

Side note: if you do not know the kind of riches I am talking about, or the definition of poor that I use here - please, feel free to ask. But I do not talk about gold, or dollars, or anything you can purchase on the stock market. Just FYI! 

3 comments:

Karen said...

Bethany, I read that quote last night in my devotional and it impressed me so much I stopped and read it again....three times! The analogy with the bank really brought the truth home to me. I am loving that book and have started sharing the devotionals with some penpals. Your frequent references from Streams in the Desert convinced me to get my own copy. Thanks!

Carrie said...

Wow, I feel like I need to join the "streams in the desert" book club. ha ha. Actually, it sounds to smart for me ha. ACTUALLY, I have been getting some awesome truths from my own devotional I have been doing, I should do better about sharing them like you do. You do a great job of choosing very good ones to share...this is a great analogy!
Love you!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

thank you for the inspirational words you shared...isn't it amazing that we truly have EVERYTHING at our fingertips!