Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Who do you love??

 I can't help it, when I hear that phrase, I hear music and start singing along. Pretty much any phrase that can be said by anyone at any given time reminds me of a song.
 Has for years. 
 I am pretty sure that my sisters and I have sung about something or another every single day of our lives. It is harder to do without them, but I am teaching my boys to sing now. Zion now cheerfully sings along to several different ringtones on my phone (Hello Mom and Carrie!) Canaan can sing several of the "old" songs that I grew up with, which excites me to no end. And I have discovered that my boys will fall asleep at night to me playing old hymns and praise and worship music on the piano. A triple bonus! I get to practice, worship, and soothe my kids to sleep, all at the same time. 

 But, back to my original thought... who do I love?

 Of course, there are multiple answers to that question. But today, I would like to talk about my amazing husband, Andrew Ian. 
 On Saturday he got out of class early because his professor was sick. When he pulled into our driveway he noticed that the construction workers were busy next door, putting on a roof. He immediately came in, started a pot of coffee, and ran down to the dollar store to buy some disposable cups (which gave me time to whip up a batch of biscuits) so he could take a little "warm up" break over to the guys who were having to work on a Sat. Andy has to work on Sat. often enough that he knows how it feels - he simply saw what he perceived as a need, and filled it. Oh, how I respect that man! 

 As usual, he takes wonderful care of me also. Since he has a deployment coming up soon, he has been fixing everything possible on my car. He replaced the battery the other day, changed the brake pads a few days after that, and most recently changed some belt.  


 Canaan thought that was one of the coolest things ever, and I have to agree. I may be easily impressed, but, quite simply said, I am impressed! 

 On Sat. night, our big party night, we played a game of Quelf. That game is always loads of fun, but I think my favorite moment had to be the one in which 4 big tough Air Force men ended up having to hold hands!   


 Seriously, that was funny! Not so much because they had to hold hands, but because they had to comment on it, of course! Three of them are Crew Chiefs, (basically, airplane mechanics) which are pretty much down and dirty, nitty gritty guys - two of them don't know Jesus at all. So, the jokes that were made were not always clean, nor kid appropriate, but it was a fun time, and oh, how I enjoyed getting to hang out with some of the people that Andy gets to hang out with every day. It makes his life seem closer to mine. 
 Oh, how I LOVE that man! 

 Of course, on the extreme other side of the spectrum, as I have tried to type this blog he has been flipping channels right next to the computer, driving me CRAZY! Part of that is my fault, since I shouldn't be so easily distracted by the "tube" - but at the same time.... ARGH! Good thing I love him so much! 

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Look at them trying to not be seen by the camera!!! That is so funny! This is such a sweet post!

EmileeHope said...

I think I am going to have to learn how to play that Quelf game. It looks pretty funny! I love that you are teaching the boys to sing. I break into song, at least in my head, ALL THE TIME!! If a movie was ever made about us Binkley girls it would be a musical that is for sure!!! (Kevin says we are the only people who ACTUALLY WILL randomly break into song and dance during our everyday lives!!)

Carrie said...

That is so funny! Corey doesn't like a lot of musicals because he said they seem SO unnatural. But, a movie about you guys would HAVE to be a musical in order to BE realistic! ha ha. Also, this makes me think of Enchanted..have you seen it? Totally hilarious with their take on "bursting out into song"

Mimi said...

Hmmm...Jose seems to be enjoying holding hands...
I, too, am impressed with Andy. How awesome for him to take refreshments to the construction guys, even though they laughed at his wife for hitting the trashcan!