Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A lazy night

A copy from Facebook. 
I have been tagged 12 times, so I am giving in and doing this. Besides, it will be fun. The idea is to type 25 random things about yourself, tag 25 people, and then they are supposed to repeat the process. I tagged the 12 who tagged me, plus a few more. Enjoy! 1. I LOVE to read, absolutely anything I can get my hands on, from the cereal box in the morning to God's amazing word, and pretty much everything in between! It is therapy for me, besides, it is an addiction... 2. I wanted 13 kids (a baker’s dozen) when I was younger. As many different skin colors as I could find. Now I would settle for six kids - but I don't think I am going to get them. We'll just see what God and I can talk Andy into. 3. I am the oldest of four sisters, and I LOVE my little sisters to death. They are some of my best friends. 4. My Mom is one of my other best friends. Has been since I was 15 years old. Somehow, it wasn't weird, even through the teen years. I just love how that worked out! 5. I am not quite 30 years old, and have lived in 25 different places (NOT including 4 college dorms, plus, a couple of places I have moved into and out of more then once) That is a lot of moving! 6. Someday, I am going to run for U.S. Senate. Be ready to vote for me! 7. I am a blogging maniac - come visit me at http://proverbs2six.blogspot.com I try to post every day, so there is always something new! 8. I really want to jump out of a plane someday. But Andy does not... 9. Andy is getting ready to deploy, again. Sadly, I am getting to be a pro at living without him around. It makes me appreciate him when he is around though! 10. I love to sing. All the time. Randomly, about anything and everything. 11. I really want to visit every continent - (except Antarctica). I am half way done with that goal. I need Africa, S. America and Australia still. 12. I loved being a preacher/missionaries kid. Sure, it was frustrating to move a lot, but at the same time, it was inspiring, and I got to meet a lot of people, and see a lot of places, and learn a lot of things. My childhood was great. 13. I play the piano. I tried to learn other instruments (guitar, recorder) ... but the piano is the only one that stuck. 14. I was homeschooled for almost my entire education. (all but K, 1st and 3rd) Now I homeschool my boys. I don't have anything against other schools. I just loved being at home, and now love keeping my boys home with me! Why mess with what works? 15. I was an education major for my first 2 years of college, then I switched to Psychology/child development. 16. After all that switching, I ended up teaching preschool after I graduated! 17. I grind my own fresh wheat into flour to make my bread. I'm sort of a hippie. 18. I am obsessed with taking pictures. 19. Music is one of my favorite things. Keith Green changed my parents lives… and just kept right on changing mine too! 20. I have been diabetic since I was 12. That is a long time to take insulin, but thank goodness for it! 21. I am terrified of spiders. It is a sad sad thing. 22. I ate Tempeh once. It was disgusting. 23. I was a vegetarian for about 4 years. I still have leanings in that direction. 24. My Mom totaled my first car by running into it with her van. How many people can say that? 25. After this next deployment, I think my husband will have been to more countries then I have. I am going to have to do something about that! Perhaps a trip to Africa, to bring home my next child?

No comments: