Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines day - A recap

I have lots to say, but Andy is still in the country, and right now, spending time looking at him takes priority. 
 After he leaves, I will write so much that people will get really really tired of my words. Right now, he gets most of my time. 
 However, I can't quit cold turkey. (I am slightly addicted!) 
 
 My Valentines Day was fabulous, if slightly non-traditional. Andy and I did the "romantic" thing a little early. I had visited the "secret store" a few weeks ago, and we went out for dinner at a Japanese Steak house (very very cool!) on the 13th, and he even bought me a really comfy, yet cute, new robe (since I have been wearing an old flannel one that use to belong to my dad - very not sexy!). So when Sat. rolled around we were already done with the "love stuff". 
 But, my wonderful husband had one more surprise to throw in - when he ran out to Walmart to pick up potatoes so we could make homemade French Fries, he bought me a card too. He was making fun of all the guys standing around the card and candy aisle, desperate to find something last minute - but he said he didn't feel like he had to buy something, (since he already had) so it was okay for him to be buying it last minute. I love how his brain works!   
 
 Anyway... the Thompsons stopped by for a second on their way home from Disney, and the kiddo's got to give then their Valentines. But the best part of the day was that my Mommy and Daddy came! We got to eat dinner together, and have yummy desserts, and celebrate love! 
 After the kids were in bed, we were all just sitting around talking. At one point I got up and went to the other room for a second, and when I came back I just stood in the doorway for a second and listened to three of my favorite people talk to each other. There is something so very soothing to know that the people that you love the most, also love each other. When I first fell in love with Andy, he was mine only. But bit by bit, over the years, he has become more then that. He is theirs too. My parents love Andy also. 
  Now, he already has his "own family", who already love him. That is a totally different story, and I would never try to take away from that love. More love is just more love. It doesn't take away from other love. It just adds to it. And that is beautiful. 
 I must admit that a small part of me, that ugly part deep inside, was slightly jealous. Those three people are all supposed to love me most. So for a split second, I had to be slightly jealous that they all love each other so much! Then I remembered...  "More love is just more love. It doesn't take away from other love. It just adds to it" 

So in the end, my Valentines Day was beautiful. Full of love. The real kind. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

I loved that! "More love is just more love. It doesn't take away from other love. It just adds to it". Beautiful words....

Carrie said...

I am so happy you had a great Valentine's Day! That is great! I was confused by your "secret store" comment, I was trying to figure out just what kind of "secret" store you were talking about *ahem* ANYWAY, then I remembered that little place called "VICTORIA'S" Secret and OH OKAY YEAH, and if that's not what you meant then please don't tell me! ha ha!!!!!! Love ya!