Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, September 15, 2008

Miracle meds

I try not to talk about my health on here too much. I would hate to bore my "faithful readers" (all 10 of you) However, I would just like to say that my meds must be doing something. Because.... I forgot to take them yesterday. Both doses. Don't ask.
 I have paid dearly for it today. It is amazing how quickly you forget how miserable you have been, when you are no longer that way. And being miserable again is, well, miserable. Just one day without the medicine in my system has already completely thrown my entire system out of whack. So, even though Topamax is not a complete miracle, and does not get rid of every symptom, I can say that I much much much prefer life ON it to life OFF of it! 
 I guess this is my "shout out" to the wonderful creators of migraine medicine, and to the neurologists who prescribe it, especially the one who took the time to diagnose me, (the lady with only a minor headache, but with every other strange and fascinating symptom you can find, and some that I have never read about any where else) with migraines! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sorry you had a bad day, but glad you are noticing a difference. Probably kind of justifies it all in a way, huh? That it IS doing something and it IS worth it! by the way, I would never be bored reading about updates with your health!!!