Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Monday, September 15, 2008

Someone needs to hear from God...

Andy talked to his mom this weekend, as usual, and after hearing all the drama from "home" he was complaining about one of his uncles. This uncle has continually made unwise decisions throughout his life, and usually leaves someone else to pick up the pieces. Canaan (little man with the big ears) was listening intently, of course. After a few minutes of Andy ranting, Canaan innocently asked, "Didn't anyone read him his God stories when he was little?" I had to reply "Yes honey. I just don't think he was listening." 
 I just think it is pretty amazing that my five year old already associates bad decisions by a grown up with a lack of God's word in their life. 
 Now if I can just get him to listen attentively, without yawning and fidgeting, when it is his turn to listen! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww...that is AWESOME! You are doing a great job mommy!!!!