Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, September 02, 2008

An odd sound, all things considered.

I was browsing the internet, reading my E-mail, leaving comments on blogs, etc earlier today when I realized that it was strangely quiet. That is never a good sign. So I stopped typing and got up to explore. I could hear the sound of the television in the other room as I got closer. No one had asked for permission to turn it on, so I was prepared to give the "stern face" as I rounded the corner. But the sight that greeted me blew that plan out of the water. Actually, it blew that plan off the planet and out of the solar system. My five year old and two year old were quietly sitting and playing lego's together while watching C-span. Something about politics. ?!?!?!?! 
 At this exact moment they are rolling around on the floor behind me, and making sounds like frogs. No, change that. In the time it took to type that, they have climbed onto the chair with me and are in an argument saying "My momma", "No, my Momma". Those are the actions and sounds I am use to. C-span while quietly playing Lego's TOGETHER are completely shocking. 
 I just wanted to share that. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I will hope that this means they are about to hit the age where they WILL play peacefully, (if not always quietly) together! The day will come! And it is AWESOME!