Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So much to say...

... so little cooperation from the internet.
 For some reason the internet and my house do not seem to be on very friendly terms right now. Some moments they get along okay, but slowly, but for most of the day yesterday and today they have refused to have anything to do with each other at all. 
 Of course this occurs when I am full, almost bursting, with thoughts, emotions and stories. But I am lacking in pictures right now, so those will have to wait anyway. 
 We had our second homeschool co-op meeting yesterday, and it was a blast, if I do say so myself! I read the story of the Little Red Hen, which follows a seed of wheat all the way from being planted to being made into bread and eaten. We didn't go quite that far back.
 I was afraid we wouldn't have enough time for everything, so I had pre-mixed a batch of bread and had it rising before the children got here. I let them see and touch the whole wheat, watch it (or rather, hear it) get ground into flour, mix it into dough, knead it, then I let them shape the dough that had already risen. They made some very interesting shapes which baked into some amazingly delicious rolls. I turned the dough they mixed into a pizza crust for our lunch after they all left, and it turned out really good. I was afraid they might have over kneaded, but I think that they just gave it extra love. 
 Mary took some great pictures, but I forgot to get them from her before she left. Hopefully I will get them soon and post some amazing flour covered pictures of our adventures in baking. I can't remember the title of the other book we read, and we never even got around to the other books that Christy picked out... Why is it that there is just never enough time?  
 Hopefully the internet will work for a few minutes. 

1 comment:

Marcy said...

It's great that all the homeschooling families in your area can get together and have "school" together. I think it's a great way to learn and I love the bread-making pictures!