Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Politics

I just wanted to point out the quotes of the week. Those sum up why, although I love a democratic society, and the freedom of speech, I must say that over all, I hate an election year. When my time comes, and it is my turn to run for election, I am asking you all to hold me accountable. I will run a clean election. I will not bash the person I am running against. I think that surely it is possible to win by pointing out the good things about yourself, the things you are strong in, rather than by bashing your opponent. Surely?!? 

***Since the week is now over and I am removing the quotes, I thought I should add them here instead***

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." Mother Theresa

"Use soft words and hard arguments" English Proverb

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all" Thumper, from Bambi

"Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say ONLY what helps, each word a gift." Eph. 4:29
(The Message) 

No comments: