Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kindergarten

I know that it is supposed to be wordless Wednesday, but I cannot stay silent. I have to brag just a little bit before I go to bed. I am just so proud. My 5 year old finished his kindergarten level "Hooked on Phonics" today. As in "finito", done with,  completed! That is just cool. I guess we will start first grade tomorrow. (Thank you F. grandparents for buying K, 1st and 2nd in advance)  The last line of the last book he read was a fitting moral for us all. "To get a pal you need to be a pal." I love that they threw that in as a conclusion. Hooked on Phonics not only teaches letters and sounds, sight words and letter blends, but they throw in a moral lesson too! Friend is too hard of a word for the kindergarten level, but pal is right on their level. So, be a pal. 
 I have tried not to be a strict, pushy teacher. I want to be a freedom loving, laid back, hippie of sorts. But, I LOVE TO READ! It is a requirement that Canaan learn how to read. So, this feels like success, like justification that I am doing something right.  Yeah Canaan!!! Yeah me! Now, onward ho ~~~
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!